An updated flexible booking policy has been unveiled by P&O Cruises following a review of its temporary Covid-19 policies.
The change from today (Wednesday) enables more booking transfer options.
Sales director Ruth Venn said: “We recognise that guests value peace of mind knowing that they can transfer their bookings if they need to.
“We’re therefore pleased to continue to offer a flexible transfer policy, where guests can transfer their booking free of charge to another booking of equal or higher value, as long as this change is made before the balance due date of the existing booking.
“We believe the new ‘one change’ policy will help to reduce call volumes for agents and provide a simpler, more effective way of managing guest enquiries.”
Customers who make a new select price booking will be able to:
- Transfer their booking once
- Transfer their booking free of charge
- Transfer their booking to a holiday of equal or higher value
- Transfer their booking up to the date that the balance for their holiday is due (90 days prior to departure of their existing booking)
- Transfer their booking to a holiday sailing within 12 months of the original departure date (or six months for a world cruise, southern hemisphere journey, grand tour or exotic fly-cruise).
If customers want to reschedule their holiday for bookings made before August 3, they can make one further booking transfer up to the date that the balance for their holiday is due, according to the line.
This is available on select price and early saver cruises. The new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date, or six months if transferring from an extended voyage.